Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dove Hill Hike

Yesterday I hiked up Dove Hill in Castlegar with my father. Fuller story here.

The trail head.

View from the top, looking north up the Columbia River Valley.


This is the view from the south lookout, where you can see the airport and the golf course.
It's berry time! This is Oregon Grape, which I'm not sure is edible, but we saw lots of huckleberries and even some wild raspberries.

Here you can see the meeting of the Kootenay and Columbia rivers. On the left, near the middle, you can just make out Zuckerberg Island.

1 comment:

Milla said...

Oh you call those berries 'Oregon Grapes'? In my dialect we call them 'brombolette'! I don't think you can eat them though; in my village kids play with them sometimes when they need to make dye.
The view from the top in beautiful, really! Great sky too :)